What hazardous chemicals are lurking in your child’s soap and shampoo? Here is a list of the most common toxic chemicals found in almost all shampoos, body washes, toothpastes, and more, and the potential side effects.
TOXIC CHEMICALS TO AVOID IN SHAMPOO AND SOAP
- Propylene Glycol (PEG or PPG) – easily absorbed by the skin and may be carcinogenic. This chemical is the same one used to de-ice airplanes and is in wiper fluid.
- The Environmental Working Group (EWG) found that 57% of baby soaps are contaminated with 1,4-dioxane, although it is never listed as an ingredient. This is because it is a contaminant or by-product that occurs when “ethylene oxide, a known breast carcinogen, is added to other chemicals to make them less harsh. ANY ingredients containing the letters eth indicate the presence of 1,4-dioxane. AVOID polyethylene, polyethylene glycol, sodium laureth sulfate, ceteareth, oleth oxynol, xynol, and PEG.
- Parabens are neurotoxins and are linked to reproductive toxicity, hormone disruption, and skin irritation. Avoid anything with ‘paraben’ In its name.
- Triclosan – Anything labeled as “antibacterial” likely contains triclosan – a carcinogenic endocrine disruptor that is also harmful to the environment. The FDA has stated antibacterial products increase microbial resistance which makes it harder to kill germs when we actually need to do so. Simply washing with a good soap and water cleans germs and helps build immunity. 95% of triclosan goes down the drain and ultimately ends up in our water. The EWG rates Triclosan a 7 out of 10 on the Hazard Scale. High concerns: Contamination concerns, Skin, eyes, and/or lung irritation, persistence and bioaccumulation. MODERATE concerns are endocrine disruption, organ system toxicity (non-reproductive).
This all-in-one product smells exactly like a very popular baby/kids shampoo, lathers well, and rinses well WITHOUT the chemicals. No sulfates, no SLS, SLES, or parabens. You only need a small amount and no more buying two bottles – one for body and one for hair.
Certified 74.47% Organic by the Soil Association, these mild surfactants are approved to create a rich, creamy lather. Available in Baby Shampoo fragrance, unscented, or any fragrance you like from the list located on the main menu.
Try it and you will love it for your babies and yourself (separate listing for adults with added Cocoa Butter if desired).
Organic Shampoo Ingredients:
• Aqua (Water)
• Decyl Glucoside – Made from organic sunflower and coconut oils
• Lauryl Betaine – An extract of organic sugar beets
• Xantham Gum – A plant-based thickening agent
• Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice Powder (Certified Organically Grown Ingredient) – Numerous benefits including: promotes hair growth, adds strength and luster, conditions hair and scalp, heals scalps affected by psoriasis and seborrhea, alleviates dandruff, helps hair retain water and moisture, and is pH balancing.
• Citric Acid – A natural preservative extracted from citrus fruits.
• Benzoic Acid – A natural preservative extracted from fruits.
• Dehydroacetic Acid – An organic compound used as a fungicide and a bactericide.
• Phenoxyethanol – Preservative
• 100% Pure Essential Oils – These specific essential oils were chosen for their natural hair benefits and smell fantastic. They are not overpowering and each is described in detail in its product description.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any hair or skin condition. Please seek a physician’s advice if you have a serious illness.
Shipping rates are based on USPS Priority Mail rates.